Sunday 30 October 2011

I'm Writing This

But I don't know what to say. So here's a picture,

Sanae, making moves on blue-haired Touhous since 2007
Watch where your hand is going Sanae. Anyways I got around to uploading some more videos of me messing around on the guitar. By the looks of it, the YouTube player on the side hasn't updated yet; I'm leaving out the links since chances are if you are reading this, you were probably linked from my channel anyway. Ideally it would have been better if I played more accurately and faithfully to the original tracks, but I don't feel as committed to figuring out songs as much as I did a couple of years ago. These days I'm pretty content with just playing whatever that comes to my mind, though every now and then I try something different; it would be terrible if I get stuck inside my own small bag of tricks. I will be updating the channel irregularly with random covers; I'm thinking it's going to be mostly Touhou tracks but I'd like to do some other music as well. It's going to be fun I guess; too much fun for me maybe; the last two videos took 2 hours and 53 minutes to upload. There's a reason why I'm a bit reluctant to record long tracks.

This will be the second time I mention it but the Overloud TH2 is really good. It feels and sounds a little more authentic than AmpliTube 3 to me, but I think both software are very well-made. I don't particularly like the TH2 user interface; it's more straightforward than AmpliTube 3 but I reckon I can switch between things much faster in AmpliTube. Apart from that though I don't have anything bad to say about the TH2, the amp models sound really nice, the mics are also very well-done. Many of the presets are also very usable, which is somewhat surprising because often the presets tend to be mediocre at best. All in all I think it is a software worth getting. Blatant advertising.

Senpai knows what she's talking about
I decided to finally give Cure Girl a try, nearly five months after its release. The story is like Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai about a group of people who have difficulties communicating with others in real life (but everyone except Rena seems to be doing just fine), so they all gather in an online community called "Ningen Shikkaku (人間失格)" and share their experiences (?). Before any more is explored about the community however, the main cast meet each other in a real-life meetup and find out that they all go to the same school! From there on it becomes like LovePlus somewhat of a dating sim where the protagonist Kazuki will need to converse with a girl of his choice everyday after school; for three weeks until he becomes locked on that girl's route (which has bad ends lying ahead). There are a selection of topics to choose from and generally they give some insights to the girls' lives. Kotone is easily one of the best.

The whole idea of Ningen Shikkaku is most likely taken from a novel of the same name by Osamu Dazai, and quite frankly I feel the writers have wasted a perfectly good plot. The story is fairly average but it does have its moments. The characters are pretty likable which is always a good thing. The one thing that does stand out is the music, which might just be the real highlight of the game,


Nothing amazing but past the dodgy English and hilarious Chinese vocals (which were actually not bad), the tracks are quite well composed and carefully put together. Toshinori Orikura, who did the soundtrack, has been in the business for a few years now and was also featured on SJV-SC's Real Crossing, where he played the guitar on most of the tracks. It always comes back to Touhou doesn't it?

I'm spinning and Scharlachrot is the miracle of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment