Sunday 16 October 2011

What If I Were To Write The Title Of A Novel Which Is Pretty Long And Even Though I Didn't I Still End Up With This Long Title?

What if the female manager of a high school baseball club read Peter Drucker's "Management"? Better known as Moshidora, it's a story about Minami Kawashima who takes over her best friend's position as the manager of their school's baseball team after the friend is hospitalized due to an illness. Minami, who used to love baseball but realized that women should stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches it was impossible to achieve her dream of becoming a professional player because of the differences between man and woman (seriously), so her love for the sport turned into hate instead. With no previous experience in managing teams, Minami goes to buy a book on management but ends up with Peter Drucker's business book, Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices because otherwise the story would have been completely different. Soon enough Minami starts applying Drucker's concepts to managing her team, hoping that they will be able to reach the nationals.

Now I have never actually read the original novel, glanced through the manga, watched the anime or the film; I heard the novel was one of the best-selling books of 2010 but the anime received mixed reactions. However that didn't stop me from getting this (or rather from a friend as a birthday present),

Top of the world Reisen, top of the world
The very first extra-large picture in this blog. Time for celebration. Anyways, that's Minami reading Drucker's book. I will leave other poses and faces till my friend comes here with his big camera next time. Now I just need more nendoroids from shows I don't watch, but it looks like all the new ones won't be released until next year.

I had some time off last week so I got around to playing Rance Quest. While I believe the main purpose of Rance 8 is to serve as an introduction for the next game, it was surprisingly enjoyable. Maybe I should have bought the limited edition that came with a Reset nendoroid, surely it would have been a better purchase than the Daiteikoku pre-order edition. Many old faces return in this game, which is nice; the new characters are also pretty likable and I think I might just have developed a thing for not-quite-elves after playing this. The music is as good as ever, it's good to see that Shade is still on top of his game despite the slight disappointment that was Daiteikoku.


Reset is too adorable. As always, some mediocre tracks, some good ones and some that are just amazing. My personal favourite is "コパンドンCITY", which is the BGM that plays after the Rance castle is complete. The key change midway was a nice touch. There are also a number of acoustic tracks which are fairly decent.

Currently thinking about getting a new MIDI controller and a condenser mic. It's unlikely that I will get a new amplifier any time soon since it's impossible to mic the amp after I get home every night without disturbing the neighbours. It's modeling softwares all the way for now I guess.

I don't know what to say here.

1 comment: