Thursday 24 November 2011

I Don't Have Many Posts

So let's rectify that. Although it's a bit difficult when I feel like I have a lot of things to say and not sure where to start. In any case I've uploaded two new videos and they actually show up on the sidebar! A couple of quick notes on the tracks for those who are learning them; "The Lancer" is primarily in the key of E minor but during some parts it alternates between E and A minor. The solo is a bit weird to me, the way it's constructed isn't something I'm familiar with. As for the Arcana Heart 3 OP, I don't think there's much that can be said since it's pretty straightforward, even if the patterns can get a little tricky. I will probably go back to do some Touhou arranges for the next few videos, so stay tuned till then.

I randomly ended up playing Tenkuu no Yumina (Yumina of the Sky but well, Yumina the Ethereal) instead of LE FRUIT DE LA GRISAIA which I have been putting off for quite some time now. Anyway Yumina turned out a little different from what I thought it was, as it revealed itself to be what can be best described as the bastard child of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and Aselia the Eternal; though of course before long I wondered if I was playing Star Ocean or Phantasy Star Online. The game's battle system will be very familiar to those who have played Aselia the Eternal (and Seinarukana), wait actually the game mechanics and even the interface should be extremely familiar since the game is designed by the same guy who did Seinarukana, not to mention the fact that ETERNAL is actually a child company of Xuse's.

Nayuta is a Super Robot
The game follows Ayumu who is instructed by his father to protect Yumina, a likable girl who is seemingly good at nothing. In order to avoid repeating a grade after failing her maths exam and banish grade retention forever from the school, Yumina decides to participate in the Seitokai tournament which will determine the next student council president, who has the power to set whatever rules he or she wants. As the students prepare for the tournament however, the teachers seem to be secretly planning something else.

Ayumu the Heroine Hunter
Where's my harem end? Basically the tournament runs on a specially made system that allows students to have debates and whack each other with swords and other weapons but mostly swords at the same time. I must say that it would have been so much more hilarious if everyone was using things like chairs and desks as weapons, seeing as how Kirara wields an umbrella that appears to be more powerful than Yukari's parasol. The battle system is fairly easy to get into and for the most part it's quite fun. The battle animations play out more like the ones in Super Robot Wars than those in Aselia the Eternal in my opinion. Too bad very soon Ayumu and the gang find themselves in space (no joke) and fighting against (well...) space monsters! The pacing really threw me off, it was rather unexpected and I guess I just had wished that the school days could go on forever.

Girls do their best now and are changing, please wait warmly...
You know Touhou is everywhere. There is also a simulated game world where the main cast can grind their levels, but it seems to me that it's just an excuse to throw in some Aselia-esque characters. Another thing about the game is that it's prone to crashes on Windows 7 and presumably Vista as well, even with compatibility mode switched on. It could very well be just me but I'm pretty sure some others have experienced the same issue. It runs perfectly fine on XP though, so I pretty much played most of it on my old laptop.

Well that turned out to be longer than I expected and probably not as interesting as I had hoped either. I'd rather recommend playing Atelier Totori anyway,


I got a little impulsive and got both Atelier Rorona and Totori when I was checking out the shops with a friend. It was pretty funny because I had no idea that there were Atelier games on PS3 until that day. The game was quite good but perhaps it was careless of me to play Totori first instead of Rorona, and yeah Totori is barely not legal at all. If you don't mind the spoilers or plan on actually playing the game, I guess it won't hurt to check out the Rorona & Totori Art Book just for Kishida Mel's detailed and vibrant artworks but most importantly boobs.

Waiting warmly for Meruru.

No comments:

Post a Comment