Saturday 30 August 2014

Good Times Bad Times

I miss missing Comiket.

Good kids go home now because the following post contains material that some readers may find arousing, boring, confronting, disturbing, emancipating, etc. and is intended for immature audience only. Viewer discretion is advised but not encouraged.


The new release from Misaki Kurehito (Cradle) and Kuroya Shinobu (Puffsleeve) was really all I wanted to get from the event, but in the end I bought a number of other things with it because I'm just impulsive like that. Well, I guess one can't have a main course without a few entrées after all. Apart from the usual event bag, piece of cradle 11 is bundled with a desk pad, a cleaning cloth and Love Live! plastic coasters, which I will probably never use. The book is fairly light content-wise and contains mostly single pages of Kurehito and Shinobu's NSFW a-r-t. It's all pretty tame but no need to thank me if you got promoted at work.

Despite suffering regularly from the same face syndrome, Kikuchi Seiji (American Kenpou) seems to be doing strangely okay when he's drawing Kantai Collection characters of all things. The books are, pardon the pun, pretty sketchy. The Phenomenal One may look like it's about Kantai Collection, but in reality it largely consists of Kikuchi's sketches for light novel and magazine art, and as an afterthought, Kiruka Natsu (more like Gunslinger Subaru if you asked me) from Ange Vierge, which I try to play from time to time so I don't let my guild down. All of this is a set as well and comes with a file folder, a poster and a paper bag. None which is particularly useful.

What should I say about Udon-ya? They were supposed to release a new book but ZAN was hospitalized so Aruchyu decided to do a 10th anniversary collection instead. The set includes an anniversary art book, two books containing all of Udon-ya's Fate series works which have been humorously dubbed "black history" on the file case, a paper bag, origami (?) and a shirt which I didn't purchase because I'm not quite at that level yet. The content of the Anniversary Graffti book leaves much to be desired but it's nice to see how much the art style has matured over the decade.

Speaking of books leaving much to be desired, the C83 release from Nagi Ryou (S.E.C.) is too short and sweet for me. The same goes for Alchemist Rondo by Dadacha but at least seeing Marie really takes me back, which was all the reason I needed to buy it.


My childhood friend's mother can't be this cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment